Five weeks and I’ve been silent. So much has gone on in those five weeks. First, I’m down to 162 as of this morning. That’s just a couple pounds more than I weighed as a Sophomore in High School. Yes, the weight keeps dropping, and not always because of chemo.
I had my latest chemo treatment on the 10th. I have done so well up to that point that people have accused me of not really going through chemo. (Of course they were kidding). Last week (7/13/09) I got sick at work. Around 10 a.m. I was suddenly very nauseous and started dry heaving. That lasted about half an hour. I was so nauseated, and the dry heaves made it worse. I finally gave up and decided to go home around 10:30. I closed my desk and started out of the building. One of my co-workers saw that I was not doing well. She made me promise that I would sit on a bench and wait she was going to drive me home and have someone follow her so she could get back to work. Minutes later she and another coworker were back. They got my car and her car and took me home. That’s where I stayed for the next 6 days. I felt so bad I couldn’t even think of going back to work. I’m so blessed to have a good vacation package from my employer, I didn’t miss any pay, and was able to just concentrate on getting well.
Yesterday I returned to work, feeling weak, but no nausea. I worked the day through with no real problems. Went home and collapsed into my recliner and spent the evening watching DVDs. Today I’m feeling much stronger and not nauseous at all. My strength is returning, and with it my humor. Hooray!
My Bariatric Surgeon had my nutrition tested earlier this month. He says the tests came back good. He wants me to take a little more B complex, but other than that I’m doing great nutritionally. I saw something on-line this morning about a study in England that has shown that chemo patients, and especially those with breast cancer seem to do much better with nutritional supplementation. I’ve been saying all along that the nutrition has helped me, and now, here’s a study that proves me right.
Well, I’m going to say that Chemotherapy, while not fun, isn’t the horrible experience I thought it would be. After nine weeks of chemotherapy, I’ve had one, yes, just one week of discomfort. That’s not a bad average. My appetite is coming back faster and faster after every treatment, and that is helping with my strength as well.
KJ came by last week and got pictures of me after weight loss and hair loss to send to her sister. KL is anxious to see them as she hasn’t seen any of me since I was there over a year ago. She knows I’ve lost weight, but I’m told that if you don’t see it you can’t imagine it. I’m hoping to get copies of the pictures as well so I can put them here and let you all see how much I’ve changed.
Till next time, take care and God Bless.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment