Friday, April 10, 2009

First Post-Op Doctors Appoitment


Hi Everyone.

Today is a day for Celebration

Yesterday I had my first post-surgery appointment. Things went very well. He is pleased with my healing, all the incisions are closed, 5 of the 6 have lost scabs, and look as if they won’t even scar, or if there is a scar it will be very small and not really noticeable. With all my stretch marks I doubt they will make much of an impact. Somehow, most folks just don’t expect a 60 year old tummy to be flawless. I’ll settle for thin and healthy thank you.

Now the results of my Doctors visit. First, I've been released to drive. That's a huge relief, as I've been at AVs mercy to get anywhere. I'm sure he is glad to get his life back a little.

Next, I've been told to "Eat More Meat". My doctor is well pleased with my progress and the healing of my pouch. He says to start eating more meat, as in, I can have protein other than dark meat chicken and some cottage cheese. But he did caution me to go slow, remember to chew my food completely, and to leave the drinking until an hour after eating.

He gave me a prescription for pain killers to relieve the gout pain. I'm so relieved for that. We went directly to the pharmacy and had that one filled. Took 2 when we got to the car (as instructed),and kept up with one every three hours after that. By evening's end I was walking almost normally. This morning I'm stiff as a board, but able to move around without gasping for breath each time I attempt to get my foot to the floor. What a Blessing.

I saw the dietitian, who echoed the doctor in all advice.

Next I took 30 minutes and saw the "specialist" there in the office, she measured me weighed me, and even took my B/P. I've lost 1 inch around my neck, 2 inches around my waist, and 1.5 inches from my hips. My Blood Sugars were 117, a recent low!

Finally she weighed me in. I topped the scale at 200.0! Yippee, that makes 36.5 pounds since Christmas, and 20 pounds since surgery. I'm still not hungry either, which is a real blessing.

I’ve been promising pictures, and last week I went to KJs office for a while. She took this picture. In it I had only lost about 10 pounds post surgery, but it’s a beginning. Hopefully I’ll be able to prevail on someone this weekend to take another picture so you can see the next 10+ pounds lost.

Till my next post, Have a great weekend and a Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment